Am I relationship or single type?

Home Forums Dating Am I relationship or single type?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Luke.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Krissy

Hi Luke, how do i know if i’m a relationship or single type? Part of me wants to stay single but I like guys? Does it matter that I’ve only had crushes and never been in a relationship? I’ve met guys but they either only wanted sex or the feeling wasn’t mutual. Fyi, I’m not ready to date but I’m not certain if i want to date?

Luke
    Keymaster

Hi Krissy,

When you are a relationship type, you will crave affection and attention from someone compatible.

If you find that you don’t have this kind of craving, you are probably more of the single type.

If part of you wants to stay single but you like guys, you just may be at a point where you need to discover more about yourself and experience more of life as an individual.

There may be certain things in life that you haven’t done or discovered that you would rather experience before allowing yourself to entertain the possibility of getting into a relationship with a guy.

It would be best to start undertaking those tasks or activities.

The sooner you accomplish them, the sooner you will know whether you now have room to allow a guy into your life in a romantic capacity.

If you keep procrastinating on doing those tasks or engaging in those activities, you might just keep staying in this ambiguous state where a part of you wants to stay single and another part likes guys and wants to get involved in a romantic relationship.

If you have only had crushes and never been in a relationship, there may be a part of you that is also fearful about being in a relationship.

Oftentimes, it is easier just having crushes because you can create all kinds of stories about what it would be like to date that person in your mind.

You have control over these thoughts, so you can make them as beautiful and amazing as you want to.

However, the reality of actually being in a relationship with the crush may not be as appealing because you’re worried that you could either get hurt, be taken advantage of or the crush may turn out not to be as amazing as you have imagined them to be.

This is where your imagination can get the best of you.

It would help to keep your imagination under control.

If you’re able to do that, you may be able to eventually get out of this ambiguous state where you’re constantly having crushes but not getting into relationships.

If you are not ready to date, fill your life with activities that you love and activities that challenge you.

Oftentimes, when people go through this particular type of journey, they come out the other side truly understanding themselves and feeling a lot more comfortable with who they are.

Once you get to this point, it will be easier for you to determine whether you want to date or not.

Krissy

Wow, thank you so much. Like you said it’s gonna take time and effort. I have been procrastinating how did you know? so sorry no progress yet ✌🏼 I just brought this up because my friends and I were talking about the perks of being single and how you lose that when you get married. Thank you for answering yet another one of my burning questions. I’ll start on things after I post this. For real.

Luke
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Krissy.

As human beings, it is so much easier to procrastinate than to take action, especially when it comes to doing the work required on ourselves.

So, it wasn’t a hard call to figure out that you have been procrastinating.

However, the sooner that you start taking action for real, the sooner you will gain more clarity.

Lost Password

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.