Reply To: I am always alone, does it sound like I’m the problem?

Home Forums Dating I am always alone, does it sound like I’m the problem? Reply To: I am always alone, does it sound like I’m the problem?

Luke
Keymaster

Hi Danielle,

If this kind of tension with coworkers has followed you into most of your workplaces, it has become a pattern.

This means that there may be something that you are doing that is causing this.

It may have to do with the fact that you tend to stay to yourself at work.

Even though you may believe that you are just minding your own business, coworkers can often read this kind of behavior as an indication that you think that you are too good to interact with them.

This could easily build resentment among your coworkers.

All it takes is for one coworker to become resentful of you and thereby begin the process of spreading untruths about you to the rest of the workplace.

Next thing you know, there are a bunch of coworkers who don’t like you and treat you accordingly.

When you never give people a chance to get a better idea of who you are, they are naturally going to make assumptions.

If you are the kind that always stays to yourself, those assumptions will often be negative.

Sure, there are coworkers that are just not good people.

Most people will encounter that in any workplace.

However, the fact that you tend to stay to yourself may make it that much harder for coworkers who may actually be decent people to get to know you and become acquainted with you by so doing.

This is where you could unintentionally make yourself unlikable because these decent coworkers could hear untrue rumors about your character from unkind coworkers, thereby putting them in a position where they become less friendly towards you.

Making Logical Sense Of Dating And Relationships